Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Here they are all running in their fancy saris and suits!
And here they are running to the finish line :) It was hilarious!!
And just for fun...
Things I’m looking forward to in America…
- Family & Friends
o Taco Bell
o Bagel Peddler, Bagel Bagel, Bagel Headz… all those places J
o Guthries “Gut Box” / Raisin’ Canes
o Canned Beans
o Tortilla Chips!
o Dr. Pepper
o Soft Fresh Bread (Adam)
- Ice in abundance – Crushed ice!
- Publix Orange Juice
- Dryer (for our clothes – even though we’ll still have to air dry half of our clothes so that they still fit :) - most of our clothes now have never been dried!)
- Being able to use a stroller almost everywhere! (Aashini is getting heavy!)
- Being able to understand people’s conversations around me :) (It’s not that I’m super nosey – it’s just fun to be able to tell for sure if someone is talking about you)
- Being able to speak Hindi to Adam and most people not having any idea what I’m saying :)
- Libraries! I can’t wait to go and check out books! How fun!!! (I go through about a book a week, and if people don’t have books I can borrow then I have to buy them… so libraries rock) :)
We head out to the states this weekend - we're going crazy packing and getting everything done! If you think about it, please lift us up! You guys ROCK!!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Check out this chalk drawing on our street! They did that in about 15 minutes!
You can see a lot of the followers of ISKCON / Hare Krishna in this picture. Some of them are easy to spot, they have that little clump of hair on the back of their heads.
Our across the street neighbors I guess are the ones that had them come to our street because they did a lot of stuff at their house - everyone came into their gate, they brought the g0d into their gate, and gave everyone standing around their gate food. It was pretty entertaining for a while :)
Friday, August 08, 2008
Monday, August 04, 2008
First stop was Jaya & Mayank's house.
Aashini had fun getting to play with them and at their house :) It was fun getting to see them :)
After that we went to a few other people's houses for a few minutes and then we to the Kumar's house. Aashini had a lot of fun there too :) Mona didi let her play with her bangles and she thought that was so cool!