We have to make pretty much everything from scratch here (b/c that's pretty much our only option). It is hard to find good "from scratch" recipes that are super quick and easy to make. I like to cook, but not every day and I don't like to spend a long time in the kitchen this time a year (it's 100 degrees in our kitchen right now). So anyway, I made this the other night and it was yummy and super easy so I thought I'd pass it along :)
Black Bean & Corn Taco Salad!
- Cook up some black beans (if you have canned black beans then just drain and rinse them - if you are in the Capital I can tell you where to get them, or you can just get them in Thailand). If you don't have black beans you could probably use the little red beans or black-eyed peas - it would taste different but would probably be good :)
- Cook some corn (or un-freeze it or de-can it and rinse and drain)
- Cut up onions - depending on your taste - I love onions so I usually put a lot!
- Put the Black Beans, Corn & Onions in a pot together and heat them up. Mix in taco seasoning and a little salt.
- If you don't have Taco Seasoning then you can make it! I have TONS of recipes for it - here's one of them (lemme know if you want a different one):
1 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
- OK... now get a big bowl (for each person eating - you could do plates too)!!
- Put some lettuce in the bottom (if you don't have lettuce, cabbage might work - you could even steam it and cool it in the fridge and it might be really good).
- Put the black bean, corn & onion mixture on top.
- Then add all the toppings you want! I added green/red peppers, tomatoes, jalapenos & cheese.
- Top it off with some pain yogurt (or sour cream if you have it - but the yogurt is yummy!) and some salsa if you have it or want to make it :)
- Then add some Senior Pepitos Tortilla chips to the top! I crunched them up and it was good!